Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be advised goose hunters
Wear a hard-hat.

[url "http://reuters.excite.com//article/20051005/2005-10-05T141322Z_01_DIT551145_RTRIDST_0_ODD-SWEDEN-GOOSE-DC.html"]http://reuters.excite.com//article/20051005/2005-10-05T141322Z_01_DIT551145_RTRIDST_0_ODD-SWEDEN-GOOSE-DC.html[/url]
[signature]
Ohh that would hurt. I do love it when you shoot and then land close to you, but this was a bit to close for comfort.
[signature]
I was not paying attention Saturday morning and got nailed by a cinnamon teal. Hit me right in the back and that hurt and left a bit of a bump. I can only imagine what a goose would feel like.
[signature]
I WATCHED A GOOSE HIT A BUDDY IN THE CHEST AND KNOCK HIM FLAT ON HIS BACK IN THE MUDD. FUNNY MOMENT. OOOOOOF. SPLAT.
[signature]
I have heard that quite a few people have actually been killed by it. Oh well, I think I will take my chances again tonight. Jake
[signature]
There has been many close calls for me and my hunting buddies,mostly when the wind is blowing hard,you have to shot them when there right over you or they will catch the wind and be out of shotting distance in half a second,I my self have almost been hit by geese and ducks,it pretty comical when you have to duck from and on coming duck.LOL.
[signature]
[shocked]One time while water skiing at Lake Mead while I was way off to one side of a boat I skiied right into a huge carp that jumped out of the water. I think I did about a half dozen turns in the air before I even hit the water. I was out of commission for a couple of days after that. Dang near broke my let. Mr. J.
[signature]
I landed a pin in my buddies lap last saturday. He saw it coming and tried to kick it out of the way. It was pretty funny. I have heard of broken bones, and even some deaths with such goose encounters.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]One of my mallards almost hit my buddy. Went right over his noggin. Thought it was pretty damn funny.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]