Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY 4x4 LAST DAY !!!!....LUCKY
Thanks man. It was the last 1/2 hour last day, I shot at a spike bull this year also last half hour of the last day. I still think that I was lucky to miss. I was all by myself on a 4 wheeler road, I heard some crashing through the thickest crap up in soapstone, out of the corner of my eye I saw some brown haired blob cruising full speed out into the opening that I usually start off walking into the thicks. Jumped off the wheeler loaded a bullet in and found him in my sights right as he began to vanish into the thicks again. Popped off a shot that seemed like it should have been right on the money. I tracked him through the mud and snow for about a half mile and never saw any blood or any staggering tracks that went off of the normal high speed gallop and bolted out of the area. That was still fun for me and I really am lucky that I diddnt get him. I just got done butchering all the deer meat by myself and it was a ton of work. Times that by 3 and that is what I would expect to have as a work load for an elk.......hmmmmmmm. Yea I would like to send one of those to a professional processor. Good job on getting the buck that you were hunting for. It is tough to find deer before the season on public land and still be able to find him after everybody stomps all of your spots on the opener weekend. I was hunting a perfect 5x5 buck @ about 26" that eluded me for the whole hunt.

I will probably see you out at Starvation again this next spring unless it freezes over solid and I can safely ice fish on it. If that happens I might have to fish it as often as I did this year hahahaha. I have still never caught a walleye through the ice. I think I might make it a personal goal for the ice fishing season this year. Deer creek will be my frequently visited area.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
MY 4x4 LAST DAY !!!!....LUCKY - by FOD - 10-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Re: [Got_Bait] MY 4x4 LAST DAY !!!!....LUCKY - by FOD - 10-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Re: [FOD] MY 4x4 LAST DAY !!!!....LUCKY - by FOD - 10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Re: [FOD] MY 4x4 LAST DAY !!!!....LUCKY - by WET1 - 10-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Re: [WET1] MY 4x4 LAST DAY !!!!....LUCKY - by FOD - 10-30-2009, 12:56 AM