Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge - June 1 thru June 4 - WOW!
[font "Comic Sans MS"]"I am going to go out each day and start sitting in my boat in the driveway and start practicing my hook setting technics to build the back muscles!"[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]Wait!!! You don't set the hook with your back, or even your arms for that matter. Its all in the wrists. You're back gets sore from standing and rocking in all the boat wakes, but the back and arm muscles should be completely relaxed while you're fishing. It's SPEED in the hook-set, not power. The hook point is only a half-inch long at best, and after I sharpen it, it penetrates the soft mouth of a lake trout with the slightest snap of the wrists. But it better be a damn-fast snap! See you next month. [sly][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]And by the way, for anyone who's never fished with Rich or Scott, they're great guys, know how to have some fun, and understand what this process we call fishing is all about. Most guys just think they do. These guys get it. Not just the science and techniques (though the're pretty sharp on that, too), but I mean the big picture of what's going on in the watery world, why we fish the way we do, and deeper issues other than "what are they bitin' on and where are they." They're fish philosophers. I just love fishing theories, and we tossed around a bunch of 'em (with no conclusions!!!) Thanks to both of them. They don't just fish. They're Fishermen. There IS a difference.[/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [RILEYFISH] Flaming Gorge - June 1 thru June 4 - WOW! - by Tarponjim - 06-07-2006, 12:33 AM