Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need muzzleloader info....
I bought a winchester apex 209 magnum .50 caliber from sportsmans last year without any knowledge of muzzleloading at all. The guy that sold it to me helped with every question and concern i had and also helped me get everything i (absolutely) needed. I was extremely uneasy about trying it due to an accident i witnessed at a gun range with an improperly loaded .54 cal. In the end it was well worth it as i shot a 300 class bull on public land last year. I missed 2 deer(my fault) and shot a grouse at 80 yards.POOOOOOF! If you are looking for a gun that shoots and cleans easy-5 minutes if you have practice- and is very accurate(3" group at 140 yards from the bench) i would suggest the aforementioned gun. It sells for around $200 and the rest of the goodies were around $80-$90. slugs are $15(per 16) and powder was $22. It was about $325 out the door ready to shoot and the T.C. will run around $500, but there are many other cheaper/more expensive and other option models out there. I hope this helps if you want specifics on loads for deer/elk pm me and i will give you all that info.

LH2
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Need muzzleloader info.... - by Bigcat - 02-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Re: [windknot] Need muzzleloader info.... - by lunkerhunter2 - 02-23-2006, 11:05 PM