Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Grizzly Man"
Have any of you seen the movie "grizzly man"? I hadn't even heard about it until i saw a trailer on a dvd i recently bought. If you haven't seen it, you should. It really makes you remember just where humans sit in this world...
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I happened to catch it a while back when they were showing it on the Discovery Channel. All I can say is that guy was whack![/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
yes the man was a hamburger short of a happy meal,but i did respect his passion and determinion.Too bad it cost him his life,but he was doing what he loved to do.
[signature]
i own the movie and watch it often. the man was is spirit. he did get alitle passonate at times but for the most part he was fearless and that is what people are afraid of now days. they say he was crazy. i know he was not crazy just embrasing his passion with total disregard for his own well being. he masterd his fears and lived moment to moment with passion. i honor his commitment and his life.
[signature]
His "commitment" cost not only his life, but the life of his girlfriend and a couple of the bears he loved so much. There is a fine line between commitment and craziness and he jumped right over it.

Rut
[signature]
I totally agree with you ruttcrazed. I believe what he did started with good intentions, but it got out of control. When entering the home of any wild creature, you must respect the line that seperates our two very different worlds. Tim Treadwell crossed that line. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to spend all summer living in the alaskan wilderness, but I wouldn't try to "become one" with the animals. Wether they may be foxes, fish, or grizzlies. I also wouldn't disrespect these creatures by trying to get up close and personal, treating them like pets....
[signature]
Very well said MD. The guy meant well but it overshadowed the fact that they were GRIZZLEYS!!! They are the supreme predator on the planet! If he wanted to film them from a distance, then no harm no fowl. I think he got what he had coming all along.[Wink] Let's hope nobody else tries to fallow in his footsteps or this post will ultimately show up again. my 2 cents
[signature]
Just got done watching it! I think that guy is the ultimate weirdo[crazy] I just can't believe he lasted all those summers up their before finally becoming Grizzly's snack plus hiding that girl the whole time and her ending up like him! poor chick!! I think he made it worse for the Grizzly now cause their not scared to walk up to any human now.
[signature]
I think all the drugs he did caused a few problems. Sorry, but the
guy was a complete idiot!!

What was amazing is that the very bear(s) he was trying to "protect" ended up getting shot. And, he ended up getting his girlfriend killed.

I watched some of his interviews. The guy was a nutcase, but it STILL is tragic he lost his life.
[signature]
Have not had the chance to see it but people say he was crazy.
Tommy
[signature]
nice pic cool looking fish
[signature]